Essential Moving Supplies: What Are They?
Among all the tasks that we get to complete in life, moving can be one of the most stressful ones, especially if you decide to do it on your own. Proper packing is crucially important before a move if you don’t want your belongings to get damaged in the process. Before getting everything together and starting to pack, you should get all the moving supplies that you will need.
Basic items that you should have
Packing can be tricky even if you have all the right supplies. If packing is something that you wish to avoid, Expomovers.com should be your number one destination. This professional moving company with extensive experience will pack all the items so you can be confident that all your belongings remain safe regardless of how far you need to travel.
If you still decide to pack everything on your own, here are the supplies to purchase:
· Boxes. You should select boxes depending on the things that you want to pack. There exist boxes in different sizes and for a variety of purposes (clothes, glassware, etc.) Also, it is a good idea to get more boxes than you think you will need so that you don’t have to purchase more at the last minute.
· Tapes. You need to get several types of tapes for all your packing needs. You will need clear tape, regular packing tape, and also strapping tape, which is used for the bottom of boxes with heavy items to make sure that they don’t fall out.
· Bubble wrap. Bubble wrap is used to protect fragile items and as the lining for the boxes. It is more convenient and cheaper to get a large roll of bubble wrap and then cut it to the pieces that you need.
· Stretch wrap. Another valuable supply that you should have at your house is stretch wrap. It is excellent for securing drawers and doors so that they don’t open during the move and get damaged.
· Toolbox. It will be useful to have your own box with basic tools, such as a hammer, a screwdriver, scissors, etc. If you plan to move any furniture, this toolbox is definitely something you need to have.
· Packing paper. Tissue paper is used to stuff fragile items and boxes to make sure that things don’t move around and get broken.
· Box cutters. You will be grateful for having box cutters once you arrive at your new place as opening the boxes won’t become such a burden.
· Labels and markers. You will need to distinguish between the boxes, which is why you will need labels and different-colored markers.
· Trash bags. You will need trash bags while packing and also for when you start getting everything unpacked at the new place.
Packing is a tedious process, but having the right supplies can make it easier.